1. "The Wives"
The wives of the faculty & camp director are some of my dearest friends. This is from one of our "girls nights".
2. America Girl Place--Chicago
I've never seen so many dolls or doll friendly activities! It was like doll Disneyworld! My friend Alysia & I went to see the doll hair salon, cafe, art studio, store & more! Everything there came in human size & doll size--crazy, but so cool! And I can't figure out how to turn this picture, sorry!
3. Eat.Shop.Chicago.

My friend Laurie got a book called Eat.Shop.Chicago. & so we took the train into Chicago to eat & shop! We ate a delicious lunch at a fancy little place called Blackbird, got some yummy pastries & coffee at a local place (can't remember the name) and shopped some way overpriced boutiques. I only came away with (aside from a full tummy) these awesomely huge sunglasses! The only pictures we took were on the train home--a funny montage including the one above.
My friend Laurie got a book called Eat.Shop.Chicago. & so we took the train into Chicago to eat & shop! We ate a delicious lunch at a fancy little place called Blackbird, got some yummy pastries & coffee at a local place (can't remember the name) and shopped some way overpriced boutiques. I only came away with (aside from a full tummy) these awesomely huge sunglasses! The only pictures we took were on the train home--a funny montage including the one above.
4. Buying a house while driving through Chicago traffic.
I didn't take this picture, it was taken by one of the other vehicles driving through the same traffic. It was on this day & in this traffic that the house buying adventure began!
5. Niagara Falls
Cara & I on the "Maid of the Mist" approaching Niagara Falls. It was awesome--totally worth the price of the ticket!
6. York Beach, Maine
The super crowded York beach.
Cara & I got some "wicked good" ice cream!
The Hubble Lighthouse--this picture doesn't do it justice--it was beautiful!
7. Lobster in Massachusetts
The "wives" & I had a delicious lobster dinner at Liv's parents house in Massachusetts. The whole process--buying, attempting to race them across the floor (they were mostly dead & didn't really race), steaming & eating them (every little bit of them) was awesome!
8. New York City
We took the staff to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway!
9. Lancaster, PA
My friend Aubree lives near Lancaster & so came to spend a couple days with me at camp. She & I went & had lunch in an old train car & saw some of the Amish country.
We climbed to the top of this scenic tower to take some cool pictures--unfortunately we couldn't get the scenery & us at the same time.
10. Skeet Shooting in Virginia
We had lunch at one of the staff guy's houses & went skeet shooting afterwards. I am proud to say I hit all three pidgins! I also hit 2 out of 3 targets with an AK47. I'd take credit but I'm pretty my shooting abilities come from my momma (who was on the riflery team at Univ. of Texas), so I have to say it's in my blood.
5 comments:
Sounds like a very fun summer Holly! I liked the top ten. Yes we got the Obama house money and
have enjoyed it and saved some too. It's a nice little incentive.
Beautiful pictures and great stories! Missed you in Seattle, though! Best of luck on your move!
Those were some freakin' huge sunglasses! I am so proud! I loved these pics!
Hi sweet girl! So glad I found you so that I can keep up with your fabulousness..is that a word??
I heard 2 great songs that reminded me of you this week. hope the moving-in is going well! Eat some icecream this week!
Post a Comment