"Excuse me ma'am, I need to pat down your hair."
We're in the Miami airport with one hour left before we board our flight! Our day started at 6 this morning--well really the real party started last night. My mom & I both drove to Houston to spend the night with Bonnie & Robert before our flights today. We had dinner at Houston's where we all enjoyed the worlds best veggie burger! You've got to have one before you die! And it's so healthy you probably won't die! So so good! After dinner we reevaluated our luggage & took out & re-packed till we felt like we were close enough to 50lbs to be safe. By the time that was done, we slept a few hours, got up & got ready to go! Our flight from Houston to Miami left at 10am, the driver from the long term parking lot dropped us off at the British Air counter (where we told him to drop us off) & said, "y'all must be early, they're not even open yet.". We said, "oh I'm sure they'll open for us." Well, we were at the wrong terminal! Read, Holly! So we booked it down to the American counter & were SUPER RELIEVED that both our suitcases were 50lbs! Yea!! Mom got a "heavy" tag but I did not. Maybe they know I do Weight Watchers commercials. Don't call me heavy! :) security was easy (though they did have to pat down my pony tail--I guess unless you've always had hair this thick, it's hard to believe someone's not trying to hide something in there. Luckily I was not.) went to our gate, saw all our group, had time to get coffee, go to the bathroom, take some pills & board our flight! 1 hour & 50 minutes later...Bienvenido a Miami! Since our big suitcases are going all the way to Tel Aviv, all we have to do here in Miami is eat! And I'm good at that! Eat, freshen up, meet some people, return some calls, show some people my commercial on you tube, buy some stuff using the Amazon for iPhone app & we're ready to go!
When we land in London, I think it will be about 6am local time. We leave for Tel Aviv at 8:15am. Just enough time for some tea & crumpets! :) Then on to Israel where we'll spend our first night on the Mediterranean Sea!
I'll try to update again when I can, wot be for the next day or two at least.
Mazel tov!
No comments:
Post a Comment