Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Got a Little Update for you Ags.

Tonight is our first Axis (Wednesday night youth group meeting)! My new job at Grace is mostly working with junior high students who meet at the church on Wednesday nights to play games, break into small groups and study Ephesians this year. Over the last couple of weeks (I'm already in week 3 of the job!) I've gotten to meet with several of the leaders & get to know them & what they're looking forward to this year in ministry. Last night was our first leader's meeting and it was so exciting to all be in the same room, getting excited together about what the Lord is going to do this year in the lives of these kids and us as leaders! There are about 30 leaders on our campus (the church has another campus with about 10 leaders I think).

Tonight (yes, tonight!) we're breaking the kids into groups to do skits using random characters, locations, events and conflicts that we give them. Can't you just see 7th grade boys portraying Gisele (from "Enchanted") at the dog races on Christmas morning being chased by ninjas? I can't wait!

So there's a little update for you. It strays a little from my usual youtube/picture posts. Look at me, I'm growing. :)

The house is good. Still coming together. Boxes are all unpacked, but things aren't in their final resting places necessarily. Not much is on the walls. If anyone has any ideas of what to put on a wall behind a red & white checkered couch please let me know. My roommate got a dog, Griffin the Boxer. He's real sweet & not too smart. He likes to chase his tail but then he gets dizzy & it's real funny. We played "Tunnel of Doom" the other night (one person lay down in the hall way & we threw his toy down the hall to see if he'd run over the person). He does a giant leap over whatever is in his way & it's hilarious. We put pillows down & other things next to us, trying to make a bigger pile & he still leaps over. Way funny.

I'm off to get a little snack before tonight. Hope you all have a good one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you're enjoying your new way of life! I got your change of address card and it is precious. Also, the ice cream and cake song that you posted is my school's birthday song. We sing it every Monday with a really fun dance. Made me think of you! Love you!

Sommer said...

Love it!! You are so amazing!! We will bs on CS the weekend before Thanksgiving.....love to see you!!