I feel like I need something to update on in order to be motivated to blog. Well I have a project now! There's this big youth event in December that all the kids dress up for & we watch videos that have been made using youth kids & leaders. They're competing for the best of a certain category. We (youth staff) make up the categories, put together the videos & pick the winners and apparently it's a pretty big deal (this being my first year working here I haven't actually seen this deal yet, just heard all about it). So a few weeks ago we started thinking about different videos to make & I showed this video & said maybe we could do something like this.
Well, apparently it was a good idea because today we had our first practice session & had about 75 people show up! Our goal is at least 100 & I have no doubt we'll get there. Two people left practice & took the music with them so they could teach all the leaders in the Bible study they direct who will in turn teach their group members. If just 25 more people come we'll get there! The first place this will be done is the half time show of a local Christian school football game October 24. The principal & coaches gave us their blessing to be the half time entertainment. The second time--get ready for this--will be outside Kyle Field a couple hours before the kick off of the A&M-Baylor game on November 21.
Like I said, today was just our first practice but I was super pleased with the turn out & the excitement people had for this event! Here's a video of our performance. I think it was the first time we tried to have people be in lines, so you can see it still needs a lot of work. But I am confident it's going to be awesome. Hopefully people will practice this week & we'll have even more people at next week's practice. :)
If you're in the B/CS area & want to be a part of this--it's all being filmed mind you--and not just by me--they actual performances will have real videographers--if you want to be part of this, let me know or just show up at the Grace gym next Sunday, 3pm.
3 comments:
HOlly! I love it - I wish I lived in the BCS to do that with yall, I totally would. I WILL be at the baylor/atm game - so hopefully I will get to see it live! How much fun....thank you for being a good 5 minute distraction to finishing my talk up for Teen tuesday....have a good week!!
ohmygosh holly that is so awesome! please post a video of your final production, ok?! so cool!
Wynne--it'll be so fun if you can see it live! Our goal is to perform two hours before kick off. Right now the game is slated to start at 2:30 so we're planning on a 12:30 performance unless something changes.
And Andrea--don't worry, if we pull this off there will be much posting of videos! :)
Post a Comment