Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Easter Craft

Outside...tornado warnings!  Inside...craftiness!  :)  One of my co-workers found this idea for making Easter eggs from paint samples online today!  Aren't they fun?!  

The blog she found it on has a template & everything...teeny brads are half of at Hobby Lobby this week & since paint samples are free, this whole craft (which is going to be part of my Easter lunch centerpiece) cost me $1.50!  

{side note: so this graduated color look is called ombre.  Only some places can you find that definition.  Mostly in relation to hair & mostly Drew Barrymore's hair.  Wikipedia & Merriam-Webster define it as a French or Spanish card game.  I can't even begin to think of the 6 degrees of separation that connect those two.}

I used Lowe's Olympic paint samples because I could get two sides (you need four to make an egg) per sample without getting any words on my eggs.  (Though the blog we found this on does have words on theirs & they are super cute!)  They did take a while to make--but what's more fun than catching up on the DVR, listening to rain & cutting out pretty colored paper?  And I'm so happy with how they turned out!  

Happy Easter!  

2 comments:

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Holly,

Your paint chip eggs look gorgeous! So glad the template worked for you :)

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Thanks Claire! Your blog is darling! I look forward to trying more of your projects!