Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Ultimate Birthday

July 26 marked a big day...my ultimate (last...or the first of many?) birthday.  I turned 29 and since it's all darkness after this (New Girl anyone?) I decided to go out with a bang!  Thursday (Wednesday night actually) kicked off the celebration of what I am planning to be a year long adventure!  If the Great 28 can be topped (can it get any better than co-staring in an internationally viewed commercial that has enabled all kinds of fun?!) it will!  Also since turning 28 a year ago, I've been planning some sort of London Olympic themed birthday...as the world has counted down to the Opening Ceremonies, I've considered it a countdown to my birthday.  Come on, you know if your bday coincided with the Olympics, you'd do it too!  

In honor of the Olympics, everything was London or internationally themed...a banner staring the royal family...
My sweet roommate Erin set out a London mug & lots of pretties (including a chocolate peanut butter cupcake!) for my birthday morning...


I had some friends over Friday night & encouraged them to don their favorite fascinator & join us for a jolly good time.  They rose to the occasion & I loved it!


Cupcakes were topped with double decker busses, Big Ben, taxis & British guards (and pearls)...
And yes, William & Kate were in attendance as well.  

Dinner represented our favorite things from around the world...


Even our beverages got in the spirit thanks to some awesome Drink Flair!  

It was such a fun weekend!  I think 29 is going to be a good one!  Erin saw a sign the other day & we've adopted it as our theme.  It'll definitely be the theme of year 29:  

Wake up & be awesome.  

I got this idea to make an Olympic themed shirt...here's a sneak peak:

I think it's safe to say mission accomplished for today!  :)  Who needs Pinterest?  

2 comments:

Lee Daugherty said...

Looks like a fabulous and "fascinating" time!!! GO 29! (I'll be joining you shortly!)

Katie said...

What a wonderful idea! Looks like you had lots of fun. Hoping when we come in town August that I get to see you and Erin!