Friday, March 13, 2009

When it rains it floods...and other random thoughts.

I find it a little ironic that in a town dominated by wealthy engineers there are no rain gutters. Granted, it rains very infrequently here in West Texas, but on the rare occasion that it does rain (like this week for instance) it rains a lot! And so it floods because there are no gutters here. The streets are also shaped like V's so that all the water gathers in the middle of the street. This is ok until you have to make a left hand turn. The people here don't seem to mind so much...probably because there are more really big pick up trucks here than anywhere else. Everyone here's got one because it's "for the ranch" or "for the boat" you know? I thought when I moved here that the chamber of commerce must hand out free boats & ranches to all it's citizens. Alas, I have not received either yet. I still have hope though.

Yea for it being Friday! I'm dog sitting for 5, maybe 6 dogs this weekend! Three in one family & 2-3 in another. Hopefully these gigs will be lucrative enough to pay for the gas of driving back & forth to feed & let the dogs out. :)

Lost was a repeat this week...but seeing Sawyer's new domestic side again was no trouble. He just gets hotter all the time. New episode next week...hopefully we'll find out who the baby is! Or something else big will happen and we won't even care that our questions were never answered!

Hope you all have a good weekend! Don't get swept away in the flood!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're on blog now. I couldn't leave comments but now I can! Thanks for your compliments of the furniture. I hope you didn't get flooded too bad!

Holly said...

yea Lynn you're my first comment! :)