Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This Old House

Any day now Operation: New Bathrooms will begin! While there's so many pros to owning an old home, there are also some cons! Not really cons, but challenges--opportunities to build character right? Only one of the 2 bathrooms in my house has a shower & a few weeks ago I discovered is has a leaky shower pan. The only way to fix this requires the entire thing to be torn out & rebuilt. So while one bathroom is being ripped up why not do the other one right? The other bathroom in my house is only a bathtub. It has a window in it & is lined with fake tile. It was in the list of things to re-do around the house someday. Well that day is quickly approaching. A lot of people have asked if I'm going to do it myself. Seriously? No way.

Shower with leaky shower pan.


Bathtub with a window in it, fake tile & no shower head.

Because the floors are already black & white, both the standup shower & the bath/shower will be tiled in white tile with a black & white checked accent border. Pretty basic. Kevin the tile guy is supposed to start tearing things out this week & hopefully will start tiling/rebuilding during the week of Thanksgiving. I'm super excited to have TWO working bathrooms in a couple of weeks! If buying a house didn't make me feel like a real grown up, remodeling two bathrooms surely does! :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Why do I remember that one of your least favorite chores is cleaning the toilet? Good luck with the remodel. Oh by the way Maddie and I both wore pink yesterday for pink Wednesday. I knew you would be proud of us ;)

Holly said...

Katie! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad you commented! You are right, cleaning bathrooms in general is my least favorite thing to do. Toilets are easier to me than showers though--toilet cleaning supplies usually come with long handled scrubbers so you don't have to get too close to it! :)

Unknown said...

How exciting! You are such a grown-up Holly. Katie! I didn't know you had a blog either. I'm exciting to start reading it :).

jana.kaye said...

woo hoo remodeling! it will turn out super cute. Guess what! I thought of you this morning because I was looking for earrings (I have the same problem with earrings as with socks. Annoying.)and anyway I found my old red ring that we bought at Pike Place! hehe.