Sunday, November 29, 2009

giving thanks.

Went to H-town for Thanksgiving. We had about 20 come to Grandma's house for lunch--a delicious smoked Turkey & all the yummy sides you can imagine! My personal favorite was the sweet potatoes with marshmallows! I think I was the only one who ate them, but that was ok--more for me! :) It was a great few days--shopping with my sister, eating LOTS of food & just getting to hang out with my family!

One great story--Bonnie & I went to Anthropologie (one of our favorite stores!) Wednesday afternoon when I got to Houston & of course the first place we go is the sale closet in the back--we get several good things to try on & trade most of them back & forth between our two dressing rooms. The ladies who worked in the dressing room were getting quite a kick out of us & asked what sizes we wanted & then said they'd go back & get whatever was in the "back closet"--(Bonnie & I dubbed it "the secret closet")--whenever there was only 1-2 of an item left they had to take it off the floor. So she comes back with a huge pile of clothes of things that were marked down to like $10! It was awesome! We both tried almost everything on--laughing so much & just having an absolute blast! Best day at Anthopologie ever!

Well I definitely have a lot to be thankful for! Not just great sales at Anthro! My wonderful family is the biggest blessing in my life! My parents, Bonnie & Robert helped me so much this year with the whole home-buying & moving process. I definitely could not have done it with out them! I have great friends & a fantastic job--the Lord has provided more than I could ask or imagine through it. I have a lot to be thankful for indeed. Here's some pics from this weekend.

Bon & I

Silly Grobes.

Whoop! Ready to go to the game!

The fam.

No comments: