Sunday, December 13, 2009

Next to opening presents, decorating the tree is the best part of Christmas! --Eloise at Christmastime

I love Christmastime! I love everything about it--the cold, wearing jackets & sweaters, buying gifts, wrapping gifts, and holiday beverages from Starbucks! And I absolutely love Christmas decorations! This year I traded in my Charlie Brown tree for a 6ft pre-lit one (totally worth it)! And believe it or not I actually have enough ornaments to fill it!

In case you can't see my tree-skirt down there...

I started making it last year & mostly finished it before Christmas but realized when I pulled it out this year, some of the snow flakes were held on with safety pins. So I finished it & am pretty pleased with how it turned out! I saw one in Pottery Barn that looked very similar & decided I could do it myself at a fraction of the price! Anyway, I love it! And here's some of my favorite ornaments...

Snow flake.

Holly! My first ornament (so my mom tells me).

Sparkly pink purse.

Roses from my debutante days.

Red cup from Starbucks!

Love this polka dot H! I think my friend Dawn gave me this a few years ago.

OK last picture...this is what I see walking down my hallway everyday. There's a mirror on the wall that catches the reflection of the tree in the living room. I love getting to "see" it before I actually see it! :)


Happy Christmastime!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You make me smile :).

And by the way, the cats did not knock down the tree, although they do climb it and there are ornaments on the ground surrounding it...at least they're having fun I guess :).

Will & Abby's Life said...

You did an awesome job on the treeskirt, it's so pretty!