This past week we took 40 high school students & 10 adults to Colorado for the Grace youth annual ski trip. The bus ride there was about 21 hours & yes it was brutal BUT let me tell you the savior of the trip was my Aggie Snuggie I received for Christmas! I don't know if I've blogged about it before but I LOVE my Snuggie. I know--they're weird & look like something Yoda would wear, but oh my goodness they are awesome! People complained the whole way there that the bus was cold & that they weren't comfortable but I was never cold & was snug as a bug on a bus! :) Snuggies...don't get on a long bus ride without one!
The group skied for 3 days at Copper Mountain. I didn't ski (the last time I went skiiing I became very aware of my own mortality & decided I never again needed to participate in the activity) but instead was the mom of the trip. I sat & read in the ski lodge, took care of kids with altitude sickness, helped take care of broken ski equipment & held on to extra layers when people got too warm. It was really a great trip--one cracked rib, one sprained ankle, one bruised arm but no other major injuries or problems! God is good!
It was a great time to get to know the high school students (since I mostly spend time with the 7th & 8th graders) as well as getting to hangout some of our college leaders for a few days. It took me a few days to recover (I slept 12 hours when I got home!) and I'm glad we don't do it again for a year but I'll definitely go again if needed!
Here's our whole group on the last day--
In other news....I'm scheduled to have LASIK surgery on Thursday afternoon! I'm super excited and also a bit nervous. I'm glad I could schedule it this week (I had my consultation/evaluation appointment today). I think the less time I have to think about it & freak out over the fact that a laser is changing the shape of my eye (!!) the better.
In spite of the crazy weather this past weekend (Dallas got snow!) I think Spring is finally here! Huzzah! ttfn.
1 comment:
yay for getting LASIK!! i got it a couple years ago and it's WONDERFUL! don't worry - the actual laser part is really quick (60 seconds on each eye, right?). and the effects afterwards will be so worth it.
was thinking about you the other day. :) miss ya!
PS - love your blog background design!
Post a Comment