Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's the most pumpkiny time of the year!

I love fall!  I love that the weather is getting cooler (in Texas this means mid-80s & I love it!), I love that the leaves change (except for having to rake them...but the weather is getting cooler so it's bearable), I love that the spices in food also change...apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin...love 'em!  Christmas decorations & movies start sneaking their way into stores & on tv and it just makes me so happy!

Another thing I'm loving about this time of year is the relationships that are growing in my 7th grade girls small group--I'm loving getting to know these girls & spending time with them!  These girls are a joy & I'm loving watching them grow in their relationships with each other & the Lord.

Here's some pictures from this past month.  A couple are from a tailgate cookout we held before a high school football game & some are from carving pumpkins with my junior high girls.  We also had a junior high lock in this weekend which was purposefully undocumented (who wants to remember what people look like at all hours of the night).  The lock in was a huge success though!  We had 67 kids signed up but had close to 90 by the time everyone got there!  Lots of pizza, coffee and dodge ball equals recipe for a good night!  :)



Happy fall ya'll!

No comments: