Saturday, January 08, 2011

Extreme anxiety, sorrow or pain.

That would be the definition of distress.  And no, I am not distressed...but my newly redesigned guest room is!  :)  Over the last few weeks, I've been painting and scraping & furnishing my guest room & it's been hard work, but now that it's mostly done, it's been so worth it!  Unfortunately I don't have many "before" pictures.  The room had teal walls & the dresser I re-did had been my cousins & then mine as a baby.  I painted it red & blue in high school & so was faced with the task of scraping off all the old paint before my sweet friend Lynn came in to town to teach me how to distress it!  Inspired by this website, I painted it brown, then Del Coronado Tequila (off white-ish), took a sanding block to it & then added some knobs from World Market...and I love the result!  I did the same with an unfinished bookshelf I bought.  I painted the room Urban Gravity (gray), put together a bed, got my grandfather's rocking chair recovered, moved in my grandmother's sea chest & voila!  A guest room!




Don't you just want to come visit me so you can stay in my guest room?  My friend Ashley is in town this weekend & we've been crafting it up!  More on that later!  Stay tuned!  :)  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You had me worried with your Blog Title! But I'm glad the distressed only describes your furniture. I LOVE what you did with everything! Such a fun vintage, shabby chic room. Your house is perfect for that style. It makes me want to come stay again!