Thursday, March 31, 2011

My new fav cookie!


I needed two oatmeal boxes for a costume I was making & so have been looking for recipes to use up all the oatmeal I'd emptied out.  Well I found a good one!  These are my new favorite cookies & are half as much fat/calories as my other favorite chocolate chip cookies & I don't feel like I'm missing anything!!  And if you're counting your points, they're 2 each!  :)  Best non-weenie cookies I've found with such a low point value!

They're from the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook but I'll share the recipe incase you don't have it (it's a good one, I highly recommend it!).

3/4 C. butter or margarine
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 C. flour
2 C. oats
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 375 on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.  Makes about 55 super delicious cookies.

I've made them twice this week--once for a meeting & tonight's batch for travel snacks for my family's trip to South Korea for my cousin Adam's wedding!  We leave Saturday morning & I am SUPER excited!  Stay tuned for more on that!  :)  Happy baking!

No comments: