I worked in my yard today for the first time this spring & look what I found growing in my garden! Tough little carrots who survived the winter! Yes, the biggest is about the size of my thumb but they're carrots! I thought they were duds when nothing grew from the seeds I planted last fall. Apparently these carrots don't want to be rushed. I can identify with that. They'll grow when they want to grow--when they're good & ready. I haven't eaten them yet, so hopefully they taste good. :)
I was feeling a bit disheartened about planting this spring since my garden hadn't been too successful last year but now I'm inspired again. Way to go, 'lil carrots! :)
I'm on my way to Colorado this evening for our high school ski trip. No skiing for me, just hanging in the lodge, sipping hot chocolate & reading some good books. Sounds like a pretty awesome week huh? I'm pumped about it! Happy Spring Break!

No comments:
Post a Comment