Sunday, August 28, 2011

College T-Shirt Quilt!

Ta-da!  College t-shirt quilt: done & done!


If you're a serious quilter or just a knit-picker, you may now navigate away from this blog.  This was my first attempt quilting, I have NO quilting supplies, I didn't follow a pattern & I had to move my furniture to make room on the floor to be able to spread this whole thing out (I seriously considered asking the fabric cutting ladies at Joann's Fabric down the street if I could rent some fabric cutting table time).  From a distance it looks great & I'm pretty pleased with it considering all my (very legitimate I think) excuses listed above.  :)  I totally understand why these cost $100s to have made & I have no desire to ever do another one of these--for myself or anyone else.  But I am glad I finally did it!  Considering I acquired the first shirt 10 years ago...it's about time, huh!  It's a little bigger than a twin size & a little smaller than a full/queen size.  I think it's a perfect layering size!  :)  

Here's some of the sites I drew inspiration from:

I liked the way this place lays out the shirts: http://www.toocooltshirtquilts.com/

This site had some helpful numbers & instructions: http://www.goosetracks.com/T-Shirt%20Quilt%20Instructions.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go!! That inspires me to actually finish mine.