Friday, March 02, 2012

Hey ya'll I'm going to Israel!

That's right!  On Tuesday my mom & I are leaving for Israel!  We're going with a group of about 50 people from my church for 11 days!  I'm kind of in denial that we're leaving in 4 days.  My suitcase is open in my guest room & there's piles of clothes & bags of trip essentials but I haven't actually put any thought into packing.  Maybe after I finish the current load of laundry I'll do that.  Maybe.  I was doing some reading this morning on the places we're going.  Most of the places evoke memories of song lyrics from Sunday School days.  After a while though, I realized I was combining lyrics & therefore events.

So ladies & gentlemen, I give you my Sunday School song mashup!

Joshua picked the battle of Jericho, Jericho, Jericho
Joshua picked the battle of Jericho & the walls came tumbling down...
The rains came down & the floods came up
The rains came down & the floods came up
The rains came down & the floods came up
And all Pharaoh's army did the dead man's float
Pharaoh Pharaoh Oh baby let my people go
yeah yeah yeah yeah
And I am one of them & so are you
So let's just praise the Lord
Right arm, left arm
Right foot, left foot
Zacchaeus was a wee little man
And a wee little man was he
He climbed up in a sycamore tree
For the Lord He wanted to see
What did they see when they spied out Caanaan?
Ten were bad & two were good

Kind of like the Cliff's Notes version of my travel book (hand motions optional).  :)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to update a few times during the trip.  Not sure what the internet situation will be.  I'm super pumped about it!  Now...off to pack!  :)  Maybe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have so much fun Holly!! I can't wait to hear more about it!