Monday, May 17, 2010

Bethany's Wedding, Part 1







April & May have been so jam packed full of events!  I have a lot to blog about!  The first of which is my dear friend Bethany's wedding.  On April 17 (a month ago!  Happy one month anniversary, Bethany & Rob!), Miss Walsh became Mrs Jerkins!  Like I said in my last post (I just had to look to see what I actually did say, it's been so long!) I drove to the Memphis wedding with Ashley.  Ashley, Bethany & I met freshman year of college.  We were so young & awkward.  Somehow this made for some wonderful & lasting friendships!  








Ashley & I started from Houston on Wednesday morning and drove east across Louisiana.  We listened to a variety of music...current songs as well as some old school stuff from college.  I'd found a CD titled something like "End of the Year Mix-2003".  We were so excited to find out what we were listening to in 2003 (our sophomore year of college).  What we found out was that we were not cool in 2003.  But aside from that one musical let down, we did have a fun trip!  Our favorite part of Louisiana was the 17 mile bridge!  It just kept going & going & going!  Also our favorite part of Louisiana was when I got hit on by some old men at an Arby's in a truck stop.   This man asked me if anyone had bought me flowers lately.  I said "no."  And he said, "well they should."  And then we still had to sit there & eat our meal while he & his buddy were like 10 feet away from us.  It was awful.  But did provide for a LOT of laughs throughout the weekend.   

We got to Tennessee late that night & spent Thursday hanging out by the pool before going to Bethany's bachelorette party!  It was a super fun party!  Good food, fun gifts & some funny games.  


The best were a purse scavenger hunt--Bethany & I teamed up & won (of course--I carry everything with me!).  The other fun one was wedding vow mad libs--we all supplied random nouns, verbs & descriptive words to "re-write" BK's vows.  So funny!  We also had a toilet paper wedding dress making competition.  My group made a Beyonce inspired dress, but Bethany's fierce couture dress took the cake!  I guess girls never cease to like to play dress up, do we?  
The next day was the bridesmaids' luncheon & the rehearsal dinner.  Annika & Danae had come in super late Thursday night (actually it was super early Friday morning!).  They were freshmen & lived with us our senior year of college.  


This was the first time we'd all been together since May 2005!  The luncheon was a sweet girly time!  Bethany had picked out some awesome gifts for us--monogrammed beach towels, flip flops, earrings & a monogrammed tea cup!  Seeing as how my primary love language is gifts I felt super loved!  :)  

Whew, I am tired.  I've been watching Pride & Prejudice with a friend & typing a few sentences here & there.  We're half way through (yes, we're watching the BBC one--the real one) & now it's time for bed.  So this is only part one I guess.  I'll finish the rest tomorrow...I know...happy thought indeed.  :)  

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think that every time I see the shelves in my closet.