Wednesday, February 02, 2011

There & Back Again

It's 2/2/11!  Holy cow how did it get to be February already?!  As I am writing this it is currently 32 degrees outside & almost 5pm--this is the warmest it's been all day!  We are in day 2 of a 3-day freezing storm that has taken over Texas and the rest of the country!  I'm so glad this is the coldest it's been this winter & that it won't last long!  The warm temperatures are one of the many reasons I love living in Texas!    Brrrrr rabbit it's cold outside!

A couple weeks ago I went to Washington for a dear friend's wedding.  One of the things I loved most about my time with Worldview Academy was making friends all over the country & getting to keep up with them while traveling around doing camps.  Some of my favorite people were from the Seattle area & so it was such a fun blessing to get to spend the weekend with them!

The Bride--Mrs Sarah Gifford  :)

The Gering Girls

The Sims Family

Sarah & I were on staff together at Worldview my first or second summer (2002 or 2003?) and then got to serve on leadership together for a few years.  The Gering girls & I also served on staff & leadership together--all of which were some of the best summers I've ever had!   Just for fun--here's some throwbacks to some fun times we all had--

Jana & I with the Fremont Troll (c. 2004?)

Sarah & I in New Hampshire (c. 2006) 

Jana & I about to longboard in skirts...'nuff said (c. 2004?)



Twinkies!  Jessi, Jana & I in San Diego I think (c. 2004)


Jana & I made cupcakes with only a ziplock bag, our hands & some aluminum muffin tins.  We were Pioneer Women before The Pioneer Woman was popular.  Wish I had a pic of both of us doing this!

So thankful for these sweet friends!  And so so so thankful that this weekend it will be close to 70 degrees here!  :)  Puxatony Phil says winter is almost over & I am pumped!!   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! memory lane! it was so AMAZING to have you at my wedding! much love, sarah

jana.kaye said...

hey holly hey!

loved these pix...thanks for riding skateboards in skirts and making cupcakes with 0 supplies and other dangerous experiments!

Fun days are behind, and better days are ahead! it was very precious to see you. I fully believe that you could conquer any challenge with a radio, a lanyard, and maybe a skateboard handy!