The 1st season of The OC & I did a marathon 4 days of painting, sewing & moving furniture! I repainted the living room/dining room in Urban Sunrise from Lowe's. It's what I did my guest room in & I love it! I washed the white curtains that were left in my house by the previous owners & added tan linen ruffles inspired by Jones Design Company. The idea for this ruffle pillow also came from there--
My couch is red check with denim trim & belonged to my Aunt Jennifer. I inherited it when I moved into my house almost two years ago & LOVE how big it is & the sweet memories associated with it, but since it's a little more "country" than the rest of my house, I recovered all the throw pillows in red floral, damasks & toile. Somehow I think they all work together. I hope. If you don't think so, don't tell me. :)
I also added a few things in my kitchen! I recently found a stool that was the perfect fit for a little spot in my kitchen & so this weekend I recovered the seat in toile (same as the couch pillows & also the ruffle wreath that hangs in the kitchen too!) & I love it! I also hung some cool pictures I got at the Renegade Craft Fair--drawings of pots, pans, knives & coffee pots on old book pages. The artist is Sara at Girls Can Tell.
(Sidenote: I think my favorite thing about the art in the living room & kitchen is that I bought them straight from the artist at the craft fair! It was really a cool place! Lynn & I went, not knowing what to expect at all & were so pleasantly surprised by how many vendors there were & all the awesome stuff we saw there! The only downside was that they longer we were there, the less & less crafty we felt. I mean these people were seriously crafty! They were also uber hipster. We were even asked if it was our first time there, we stuck out so much. But we loved it. The gal who did the prints in my living room was very lovely & kind and I'm so glad that every time I see her work it reminds me of her & the fun day with Lynn!)
I'm very pleased with how it all turned out. But unfortunately my Memorial Day Weekend "to-do" list isn't quite finished yet. Off to mow the yard & clean my room. Notice my two least favorite things got pushed to the end of the list. I did all the fun things first! :)



5 comments:
What a fun and crafty weekend! Very inspiring!
I love it all! I know I comment on like all of your blog posts but I just can't help it. I love the colors you put together and the pictures look great. What a fun idea with the curtains. And yes, very inspiring indeed!
Love everything! I take partial credit for all your ruffles since I introduced you to the Jones Design Blog. :) I need to come visit you... would love to see everything in person! -Ashley
Thanks, ya'll!
And Ash, you totally get lots of credit for introducing me to the blog!! Come see me!
i want to be you. That's all.
Post a Comment